- Tips in general for homeschooling
- General Safeguarding reminders
- Brief tour around Google Classroom and Meet.
- Representatives from Primary and Secondary on the panel for Q&A
There has been lots on social media about using games consoles to access home learning and our friends at ICT in Schools, who are based at The Word in South Shields, have produced this brilliant guide explaining how to use them.
Their website is also worth a look for any other support you may need with technology, or if in doubt, do what I do, I ask my youngest daughter!
for those children working from home work lessons will be available every day on GoogleClassroom. Children should complete as much as possible in workbooks or on paper. If you are able to photograph work and upload it that is fantastic, but all children must complete some work each day. If there are any problems please contact us so we can support you as best we can. Anyone who is not engaging will be contacted at the end of the week so further assistance can be offered. If you can not access online materials please let us know and we can send out workpacks.
Children log on to GoogleClassroom through the school website and they have practised this many times. If they have forgotten passwords please let us know.
Our emails are firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We both have ClassDojo set up as a quick means of communication with you as parents. If you have not joined yet please email us with your most convenient email address and we can set you up.
All staff will still be in school with key worker children at some point so please bear with us if we do not respond to queries immediately- we will do our absolute best to get back to you as soon as possible. It could be from either of us depending on the information you need.
We know this will be a tough time again, but will be with you and your children all the way.
Mr R and Ms L
Any families self-isolating may find some useful information from our friends at The Openzone:
As a school we use the Google Suite for Education to help us in school and out of school. After experiencing remote learning before the summer holidays we have all worked hard to embrace new technologies.
We would like to remind children (and parents) that when you are logged onto our school website and using the tools which are available to you that it is solely for school work.
Conversations should be related to school and work which you have been asked to do by your teachers.
It is an amazing tool and should be used with respect.
Here is a link to some You Tube videos which may help when using Google.
As always our school website has advice and links for all technology related issues in the e-safety tab.
Responsible Computer and Internet Use
At Ashley Primary School we use school computers and internet access for learning. The following rules will help us to keep everyone safe when using this technology.
* On the school network, I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will not look at, or delete other people’s files.
* I will not bring external memory drives or USB Memory Sticks into school without permission and will not use these on school machines.
* I will ask permission before entering any website, unless my teacher has already approved the site.
* When using the school website I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will only email people I know, or who my teacher has approved sending them appropriate and polite messages.
* I will ask permission before opening an email or an email attachment sent by a person I do not know.
* I will not use internet chat.
* If I see anything I am unhappy with or receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
* I understand the school may check my computer and email files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
* I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the internet and computers.
As this academic year is drawing to a close, some of you may be considering buying uniform for the new academic year 2020-2021. We do have a limited stock of uniform in school, such as navy sweatshirts and cardigans and white polo shirts all with the school badge on. If you would like to buy these please speak to the staff in the school office.
However, Initial Images are now stocking Ashley Primary School uniform where you will find a range of sizes and garments. It can be ordered and paid for by phone on 0191 4558128 or you can visit the website where online orders will be available soon.
Have a look at the Institute and Engineering website for some great ideas of really fun activities to do at home.
Here is Elen from Year 5 doing a ‘Jelly Bean’ challenge. I’m not sure I will have been able to resist eating the Jelly Beans mind!