As a school we use the Google Suite for Education to help us in school and out of school. After experiencing remote learning before the summer holidays we have all worked hard to embrace new technologies.
We would like to remind children (and parents) that when you are logged onto our school website and using the tools which are available to you that it is solely for school work.
Conversations should be related to school and work which you have been asked to do by your teachers.
It is an amazing tool and should be used with respect.
Here is a link to some You Tube videos which may help when using Google.
As always our school website has advice and links for all technology related issues in the e-safety tab.
Responsible Computer and Internet Use
At Ashley Primary School we use school computers and internet access for learning. The following rules will help us to keep everyone safe when using this technology.
* On the school network, I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will not look at, or delete other people’s files.
* I will not bring external memory drives or USB Memory Sticks into school without permission and will not use these on school machines.
* I will ask permission before entering any website, unless my teacher has already approved the site.
* When using the school website I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will only email people I know, or who my teacher has approved sending them appropriate and polite messages.
* I will ask permission before opening an email or an email attachment sent by a person I do not know.
* I will not use internet chat.
* If I see anything I am unhappy with or receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
* I understand the school may check my computer and email files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
* I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the internet and computers.
A massive Ashley thank you goes out to Yvonne and Linda who have made some absolutely gorgeous ‘Worry Monster’ for the children in EYFS and KS1 (I think KS2 will want some when they see them!) I think you’ll agree that they are beautiful and we are all looking forward to using them to help our young people with some of their worries. I imagine a few of us grown-ups could do with a Worry Monster right now! Quite a few teachers are using a wonderful book called ‘The Colour Monster’ by Anna Llenas and our new Worry Monsters will work perfectly with it.
Thanks again ladies, we really do appreciate it.
As this academic year is drawing to a close, some of you may be considering buying uniform for the new academic year 2020-2021. We do have a limited stock of uniform in school, such as navy sweatshirts and cardigans and white polo shirts all with the school badge on. If you would like to buy these please speak to the staff in the school office.
However, Initial Images are now stocking Ashley Primary School uniform where you will find a range of sizes and garments. It can be ordered and paid for by phone on 0191 4558128 or you can visit the website where online orders will be available soon.
Carol is offering free maths tuition. I tried to access the site and it recommended that I try again tomorrow due to the number of people trying to access it.
Might be worth a look!
The children from Ashley Primary School have made some beautiful rainbows which they are sharing with you all. Thank you to the children and the staff who made this possible.
This letter will come out with Reception to Year 6 children after school today and Nursery children tomorrow.
On Friday 14th February we said an emotional farewell to John, our Lollipop Man, as he retired for the second time in his life.
John has been helping children to cross Stanhope Road for many years and he has decided to hand in his lolly pop stick.
We were able to say one last goodbye and good luck to him as he came into a special assembly attended by the whole school and his family.
Today the RNLI volunteers, Alex and Alex, visited Ashley Primary School and taught the children from Year 1 to year 5 all about water safety.
The main points we learned about were:
1 Stop and think
2 Stay together
4 Call 999/112
Hopefully if you speak to your child they will explain more about each point. If not – have a look at the RNLI website.