All of the afternoon children made some fantastic eggs and the winner of the competition, which was judged by Mrs Royal, was…
All of the children made some awesome eggs but there could only be one winner!
The children in nursery and some super special children in Mr Bell’s class helped to decorate some Easter Eggs for our friends at Tynedale Family Funeral Directors. If you are passing please do check out the window where our eggs have been displayed.
The children in Nursery will all receive an extra special Easter treat from Tynedale Family Funeral Directors for their Easter holidays next week.
We have loved reading the books the children have brought in – thank you all so much for sharing your fabulous stories with us.
As a school we use the Google Suite for Education to help us in school and out of school. After experiencing remote learning before the summer holidays we have all worked hard to embrace new technologies.
We would like to remind children (and parents) that when you are logged onto our school website and using the tools which are available to you that it is solely for school work.
Conversations should be related to school and work which you have been asked to do by your teachers.
It is an amazing tool and should be used with respect.
Here is a link to some You Tube videos which may help when using Google.
As always our school website has advice and links for all technology related issues in the e-safety tab.
Responsible Computer and Internet Use
At Ashley Primary School we use school computers and internet access for learning. The following rules will help us to keep everyone safe when using this technology.
* On the school network, I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will not look at, or delete other people’s files.
* I will not bring external memory drives or USB Memory Sticks into school without permission and will not use these on school machines.
* I will ask permission before entering any website, unless my teacher has already approved the site.
* When using the school website I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will only email people I know, or who my teacher has approved sending them appropriate and polite messages.
* I will ask permission before opening an email or an email attachment sent by a person I do not know.
* I will not use internet chat.
* If I see anything I am unhappy with or receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
* I understand the school may check my computer and email files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
* I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the internet and computers.
A massive Ashley thank you goes out to Yvonne and Linda who have made some absolutely gorgeous ‘Worry Monster’ for the children in EYFS and KS1 (I think KS2 will want some when they see them!) I think you’ll agree that they are beautiful and we are all looking forward to using them to help our young people with some of their worries. I imagine a few of us grown-ups could do with a Worry Monster right now! Quite a few teachers are using a wonderful book called ‘The Colour Monster’ by Anna Llenas and our new Worry Monsters will work perfectly with it.
Thanks again ladies, we really do appreciate it.
Hello and welcome to the new cohort of nursery children. We began this week with our ‘experts’ who had originally started nursery way back in January. These children settled back into our new routines with enthusiasm, they have loved exploring the nursery as there have been a few changes.
On Wednesday our next group of children arrived to begin their school journey, I’ll not lie, there were some tears, thankfully not from Mrs Brown, Miss Thompkins or myself! The children very quickly realised that nursery is fun and have had a brilliant time. Our ‘experts’ have been outstanding helping our new children.
On Monday 21st we will have some more new children and then finally on Wednesday the rest of the children will be joining us meaning we are ALL in full time, which I know will please a lot of people.
Thank you to everyone for your patience, I know we are going to have a brilliant year.
Please could parents bring a mask to wear during their visits this week.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Early Years Staff
As this academic year is drawing to a close, some of you may be considering buying uniform for the new academic year 2020-2021. We do have a limited stock of uniform in school, such as navy sweatshirts and cardigans and white polo shirts all with the school badge on. If you would like to buy these please speak to the staff in the school office.
However, Initial Images are now stocking Ashley Primary School uniform where you will find a range of sizes and garments. It can be ordered and paid for by phone on 0191 4558128 or you can visit the website where online orders will be available soon.