Hope you are all ok and taking care of each other.
Here is this week’s overview of planning and don’t forget to keep in touch and keep checking Class Dojo for our daily phonics activities!
Well here goes…
Another week of home learning. Our story for this week is ‘The Bumblebear’. The story will be posted on class dojo, watch it as many times as you like!
Please keep in touch and thanks for all of your ongoing support.
Here is our home learning overview for the next three days. Please try wherever possible to have your child doing some of the work each day. We are obviously aware that it can be difficult to keep your child on task at home, but don’t worry, as during the school day the children are not always on a teacher led task. They do have time to play and learn through their own exploration. Your child being happy and content is also very important to their development.
As you know, some children will be in school some of the time. Those children will be doing the same work in school as your child has been given online.
Please try to enjoy the time with your children as much as you can and thanks for your patience and cooperation.
Reception team x
Hello Year 2
Don’t forget to connect with us on class dojo
I have asked all Year 2 children to record them singing and dancing to ‘Rocking around the Christmas tree’ and ‘When Santa got stuck up the chimney’. If you can record it with the backing track down very low. Please send to Miss Carlin.
Please look at Day 1 on the power point and choose one of the sheets to complete. If you don’t have a printer just answer on paper.
Read the Christmas Story and retell the story by writing a story or drawing pictures and label.
Please go to Class Dojo to find the uploaded documents. Have fun Year 2! Send a dojo message with any complete work or questions.
Hello Year 2!!
I am sure you are all disappointed about missing the last week but don’t worry! We are determined to continue the Christmas activities from home. I will post daily activities and lessons. On Wednesday afternoon 1pm we are going to have a virtual Christmas party!!!! So get your Christmas jumper on or your party attire. More information will follow after I have organised the best way to do this.
Please make sure you are connected on your ClassDojo. If you aren’t, please contact your child’s teacher
This morning we were supposed to record our Christmas songs because we can’t please could you send miss Carlin a video of you singing ‘rocking around the Christmas tree’ and ‘Santa got stuck up the chimney’ and I am going to try and piece the videos together. Please sing these songs without the music- feel free to dance in them and add actions (I know that might be tricky with no music)
Have fun Year 2!!
Any families self-isolating may find some useful information from our friends at The Openzone:
As a school we use the Google Suite for Education to help us in school and out of school. After experiencing remote learning before the summer holidays we have all worked hard to embrace new technologies.
We would like to remind children (and parents) that when you are logged onto our school website and using the tools which are available to you that it is solely for school work.
Conversations should be related to school and work which you have been asked to do by your teachers.
It is an amazing tool and should be used with respect.
Here is a link to some You Tube videos which may help when using Google.
As always our school website has advice and links for all technology related issues in the e-safety tab.
Responsible Computer and Internet Use
At Ashley Primary School we use school computers and internet access for learning. The following rules will help us to keep everyone safe when using this technology.
* On the school network, I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will not look at, or delete other people’s files.
* I will not bring external memory drives or USB Memory Sticks into school without permission and will not use these on school machines.
* I will ask permission before entering any website, unless my teacher has already approved the site.
* When using the school website I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will only email people I know, or who my teacher has approved sending them appropriate and polite messages.
* I will ask permission before opening an email or an email attachment sent by a person I do not know.
* I will not use internet chat.
* If I see anything I am unhappy with or receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
* I understand the school may check my computer and email files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
* I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the internet and computers.
Today, all Year Six children have been shown how to log into the school website. They have all joined the online google classroom for their class. In the event of home learning, the first thing that the children should do is sign into their email accounts, where there will be an instruction from Mrs Coult or Miss Humphrey. This will explain where to locate any work set.
Any problems we are contactable at