We hope you are all safe and well and that you have had a great summer. We are looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday!
The children return to school on Tuesday 7th September. Please see the information below for the start and end of the school day.
- We will revert back to using both gates for entry and exit. Please be sensible and ensure you keep moving at both points of entry/exit, to avoid any crowd build up.
- Staff will be on both yards on Tuesday morning to direct the children to their new classrooms. They can’t possibly get lost.
- Entrance to school – all doors will open at 8:40 and close at 8:55am. You can drop your child/children off at any time during this slot, but they must be in by 8:55am. Children should not be in the yard before 8:40am.
- End of the day – Years 3-6 will finish at 3:20pm and Reception – Y2 will finish at 3:25pm
- Dinners will revert back to normal – all year groups in the hall for a dinner or packed lunch.
Children may bring a bag to school, if they need to carry a packed lunch/books etc. They really do not need to bring pencil cases in, as everything they need is supplied in the classroom.
At the end of July, we posted a letter informing you that any positive cases would be traced by the NHS. This continues to be the case. Please inform school of your child’s absence, if they do test positive. Under 18s do not need to self isolate, if they have been in close contact with a positive case. This means that we will not be sending the whole class home for one positive case. We can hear your cheers!
Finally, we really hope that a sense of ‘normality’ can be restored this coming year. It may be that things change as the year goes on, but let’s all be positive coming back to school next week. We are very much look forward to working with the children and yourselves in the coming months.
Mrs Todd & Staff