In celebration of world Book Day we have been learning all about Tanzania. This is because our Book of the Week is set in that country, it is called We All Went on Safari!
This week we have been:
- Learning facts about Tanzania.
- Comparing our country to their country.
- Learning about African animals.
- Writing African animal poems using alliteration.
- Counting in Swahili.
- Creating African artwork (Maasai shields and necklaces)
- Colouring in a Tanzanian flag.
Also, today (World Book Day) we all brought in our favourite books from home. We had time to read our books with our friends and talk about why we liked that book. It was very interesting to see all the different types of books the children like to enjoy! We also talked about how important it is to read and how lucky we are to have the skill of reading and that we have lots of books.
Below are pictures of us with our books:
Pop back soon to see pictures of our African artwork! If anyone is interested in purchasing the book you can find it on Amazon at a reasonable price. Also, this link will take you to YouTube where you can watch the story and hear real African music! https://youtu.be/F_9V653b2PE